Sunday, October 31, 2010

A F.U.N weekend!

So since I live 6 hours away from the majority of my friends, I don't get to see them very often. However, one of my friends REALLY needed a vacation. (Miss Gossip Town- Lynden can get very old...)So Daniel made the trip for a few days to visit Josh, Karla and I. (sadly Karla could not see him because she is with her MARINE in Cali...a VERY good reason to miss the rare occasion)

While he was here, all my pals here: Myles, Daniel, Josh and I went ice-skating!!!

It was sooo much fun!

I was told that it is very similar to roller-blading...but I will have you know that I have not roller bladed since the 5th grade so it was like learning something foreign.

I learned 4 things that night:

#1) Ice skating is not nearly as hard as it looks, but my friends all disagreed (they fell and I never did ;D )

#2) Ice created after the Zamboni traveled over it is A LOT harder to skate on than ice that has been skated on previously for 30 minutes.

#3) Avoid people who are NOT ice-skating newbies. They have a thing for sliding stops and crashing into others. Hannah and friends are not nearly as skilled and thus tend to have a slow reaction time (You all know how that could end up...)

#4) The hokey pokey on ice is FAR harder than it looks

#5) When you see classmates, make sure that you tell them which of the 3 boys you are hanging with is your Fiance. They tend to be a little confused when they hear in class you are engaged but there are three possibilities.

...sighs....

Is is really weird that I am friends with more boys than girls. Girls tend to bring drama upon my life. (not that some boys don't but...) Girls are emotional and and moody. They tend to gossip and back-stab more. People may think that I am stereotyping girls but I am not going to lie, if the stereotype exists, there must be a reason. I know well that reason.

I just feel kinda weird sometimes because I am ENGAGED to the most wonderful young man on the planet but I still have other guy friends I talk to and hang out with. Sometimes it can be hard to not cross the fine line between a good friend and being too good of friends. (you know what I mean?)

I think that I do a good job establishing that line but sometimes, I wonder what people honestly think when they see my entourage of boys. I guess it doesn't really matter what they think as long as Josh is cool with it and my friends know where they must draw the line because I am happily and permanently TAKEN =D

Again, it was a packed weekend, but in reality, I am very thankful to have PEACE and QUIET to hang with MY MAN, study the bible and just have a little R and R.

All is good in Spokane

Oh

and for all of you who prayed about my financial aid issues, all was resolves thanks to a lot of help from my mommy =)

She is Awesome, Patient and thankfully, Tech Savvy! =D

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had some FUN this weekend! Yea!

    I haven't ice skated in sooo... many years. But, maybe we'll have to go next time I'm in town. :)

    As for the "guy relationships" ... (I, too, had a LOT of "guy friends" when I was younger.)

    I think hanging out with Josh AND the guy friends is GREAT! But, I would highly encourage you to NOT go out alone (without Josh) with your guy friends. (and vise versa ... Josh should not go out alone with gal friends)

    Now that you are engaged, those friendships, sadly, do need to change. You are a beautiful young lady, engaged to be married, and your friendships with other young men will need to be "not quite so friendly" as they have been in the past.

    Once you are married ... same "rules" apply.

    No matter how close of friends we are ... no matter whether Papa would say "okay" or not ... I would NEVER go out for coffee with a man, without Papa. And, no matter how close friends we are ... no matter that I know NOTHING would happen ... I do not believe that Papa should go out for coffee with a lady, without Mama. Nope. Should NOT happen.

    On the flip side ... gotta tell you that it is GREAT when your guy friends become Josh' guy friends and you can all hang out together. I think I've told you before ... one of Mama's old boyfriends (like in "dating" boyfriend) became such good friends with Papa, that he was IN our wedding. Yep. He was a groomsman. It was WAY COOL that we were just all such GREAT friends. But ... I would have NEVER "hung out" with him, unless Papa were with us. Make sense?

    Love ya!

    Hope your Sunday is BLESSED!!!


    Mama D. :)

    ReplyDelete