Thursday, October 21, 2010

Life The Past Month

Hello Friends!

I am glad that you could find my blog. I am attempting to keep a "diary" of my life over here in Spokane, which is not my hometown. (I have never been good at keeping a journal in my 19 years of life so this could be very interesting not to mention sporadic. I'll work hard on keeping them coming but forgive me if I slack a little)

Well, I moved here over a month ago.
And just like anyone else,
A LOT has happened in the 36 days since I have moved here.
I will give you guys a brief idea of what my agenda's pages have been saying.

#1) I moved here and unpacked the things that took 2 trips across the state to get here. I have a tiny little car so I left half of my possessions at Josh's house. He helped me unpack my things which was nice because it helped me settle in better. (My room back at home, was not very big. My room here is HUGE! I had no problems finding places to put all my stuff)

#2) I started going to school full time (well, 15 credits which is MORE than full time for 3 hours each day which is virtually nothing) I take the bus to and from school nearly everyday. And you know what? It actually it is a really efficient system over here. I don't mind riding it at all. My classes are pretty boring but it has been really interesting talking to the students who are from everywhere. Some are military people, some are out-of-state residents and some people have never really left the Spokane area. It is a TOTALLY different culture than what I am used to. But I have made new friends and I am enjoying the education that I paid in full for.

#3) My active lifestyle has been staying consistent during my stay here. I have run in a relay race with my friends and our team got 2nd out of 22 teams!! =D WAY TO GO TEAM! When I am not running, I am walking in the BEAUTIFUL parks here, throwing a frisbe around, or rockclimbing on local walls or on real cliffs in the area (Josh and I have a climbing fanatic friend who shows us all the good, safe spots to go =) )

#4) I have a new church here I LOVE! The preacher is FANTASTIC and the people there are pretty accepting. Tonight I am going to their youth group for the first time and I am very excited about that.

Another awesome thing is that Josh and I have started a bible reading study. Our goal is to read the entire Bible from start to finish in one year. We plan to do this 100% outloud and 100% together. =) (When Josh moved over to Spokane to start school last spring, it was REALLY DIFFICULT to keep a consistent bible study. I am very thankful for his fellowship - he is a wonderful Christian man to talk and pray with.)

#5) 3 days after I moved here, My wonderful best friend for several years and boyfriend for several months popped the question of all questions. (yes, this happened 3 days after I moved away from home) CRAZY huh? I am SOOO excited for our wedding. The ring is absolutely STUNNING. It is NOT your typical wedding band. It is very unique. (once I get a decent picture of it, I will post and share =D )

While Josh and I are very excited to planning our wedding, there have been some friends and family that are not very happy with this decision. People are nervous about the fact that we are very young (on the proposed day, we will be 19 and 20) and the fact that we are both in college. People are worried about us for financial reasons. It is REALLY really, tough, to have to explain to people that we have faith that things are going to work out. We are not making leap into this marriage contrary to popular belief without putting lots of thought on how things will work out.

We are not worried.

We are sticking to our grounds.

We are going to make this wedding happen whether people like it or not.


....So, that is just a teeny tiny glimpse of what my life is like around here. I really love it here! I look forward to telling everyone a little bit more of my life later! =D peace.

2 comments:

  1. Yea! Hannah joined the blogging world. Maybe you'll update more often than Josh, and we can know what you all are up to. :)

    We are EXCITED! We have FAITH! We KNOW that the LORD will provide for ALL of your needs. We have NO DOUBT, that the LORD has called you two to be together on this journey called life.

    Love ya,

    Mama D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soooo excited for you and Josh! I can't wait to see all that the LORD does in your marriage and through your life together.

    Does getting married young have it's trials? Yeah, probably. However, that's the case no matter what age you get married. If you waited 10 years, everyone would be cautioning you because you're so set in your ways and used to being on your own. :)

    The key to a successful marriage is having one centered on the Lord. Marriages fail not because of age or finances or children or "growing apart" or any other reason. Marriages fail when selflessness is replaced by selfishness and Jesus is put on the back burner. (stepping off my soapbox now)

    Reading the Bible together out-loud sounds like a GREAT way to go through your engagement and early marriage.

    Can't wait to see that ring on your finger in person!

    ReplyDelete