Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wuv, Twoo Wuv

Today, I read something interesting on love:

"Love itself doesn't scare me, but the fact is, I want to be loved without losing...

I'm scared to love because if I love I can feel loss. I guess it's something you sacrifice, but it's scary..."

I think that there is a lot of legitimacy to these statements. Love CAN BE a very very daunting and scary thing. When someone says "I Love You", thats BIG. I think that people throw that phrase around too much these days WITHOUT ACTUALLY MEANING WHAT THEY SAY. (And sadly enough, not enough people say it when they mean it with hearts)

The true definition (or at least the best one I have heard so far) of love is providing someone the absolute best possible life that you can possibly give over your own life.

So with this definition, love IS self sacrifice. When you put another person first, you ARE taking something that could be yours and give it to someone else, to better their life and make them a better individual.

The "five love languages" (great book btw) are:

Physical love

Gift Giving

Quality Time

Acts of Service

and Words of Encouragement


Somehow, someway, everyone feels the need to have some or all of the above.

However, I believe you can do these things out of love, or a very fake version of love. Love is a very powerful thing. It can move mountains or break a person down in an instant.

I think that one of the best and worst parts of love is that it can be very persuasive. Love can change a persons life in a second. It can be inspiring, heart-warming. It gives people wings to be the person they want to be but never had the courage to be.

Love Gives People LIFE.

The best example of True Love is the love God has for His people. He sacrificed His Son Jesus, who was perfect, on a splintery wooden cross so that maybe one day, we too, the sinning scum of the Earth, could sit up in Heaven where we were meant to be.

That is love. AND that is self-sacrifice. If that does not bring someone out of the dust, I don't know what will.

"Love" can also be very deadly and heartbreaking experience.

I had a guy once tell me he "loved" me. And I am sure to this day that he meant it. I have no doubts that he did not want the best for me. Then he let himself get in the way. He was not happy, and he didn't feel satisfied. It took awhile for me to realize that his love wasn't true and that there were terrible things happening I would have never guessed would happen to me.

Still to this day, I am surprised how long Love's Fake Face held my gaze. I thought it was legit, but turns out it wasn't true. However, I don't let this thing hold me down. I still want the best for the guy. He still deserves love (whether I think so or not)and as a Christian young lady who admires her God and wants desperately to be like Him, I chose to FORGIVE, FORGET and LOVE. (don't forget to forgive and forget because without doing this, are you really loving? Is that building the person up at all?)

My advice is to always love another person whether they return it or not.

Never be afraid to say you love a person but always always ALWAYS mean it.

Be careful for those who display fake love.

Be honest and faithful in your relations but don't put yourself in a position that would cause something to bring the other person down.

And when people do bring you down, (believe me, we make mistakes so this will happen over and over and over again.) forgive them and move on. You would not want people to not forgive you for all your wrongdoings right? unless you are perfect like God then there is no need for forgiveness.

Do ought to others as you would have them do to you

If you try and wrap you head around the way God loves - unconditionally and with full passion, in the long run, you may find that you won't feel like such a loser. =)

I challenge you to forgive someone that maybe you have been holding a grudge on. You may find that you will feel better about yourself at the end of the day. (and they may too! )

I also challenge you to LOVE someone --> NOT because I told you too, but find it in your own heart to put someone else ahead of you. Who knows? There life could be on the line, and you could save it. Reach out and touch someone today. They will thank you for it even though they may never say it. =)

2 comments:

  1. I love you, Hanney. <3

    P.S. I like your quote ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love to hear your thoughts.

    I hope that you and Josh will continue to grow in the True Love that the Lord has given you for each other.

    Hope your day is BLESSED!


    Mama D.

    ReplyDelete